Macros in May
May 7, 2018 - June 7, 2018
We are kicking off a Nutrition Challenge this May and doing something a little different this time by tracking our Macros, or macronutrients.
Macronutrients are broken down into Protein, Carbohydrates, and Fats. Our goal during this challenge is consume our macros with the following ratio:
- 30% Protein
- 30% Fat
- 40% Carbs
This is going to be your daily goal throughout the challenge, and you will need to track the amount and type of foods you are eating using an app called MyMacros+. Yes it cost a few bucks, but it has the ability to input your specific macro goals and then send your daily results to the coach who is overseeing your progress!
You will spend the first 5 days of the challenge simply entering your normal meals into the app to see your current ratio. After you get comfortable doing that, you will then try and "hit your macros" (30/30/40) every day for the rest of the challenge. You will do this by following the nutrition guidelines we provide for you of which foods to eat and which foods to avoid.
So if you sign up for this challenge, you will get:
- a coach to hold you accountable
- MyMacros+ tracking app
- a list of foods to stick to/foods to avoid
- a sample grocery list you can take with you to the store
- sample meal plans with a 30/30/40 ratio
- access to healthy meal delivery service - Clean Conscience Foods
- the opportunity to lean out, build muscle, or maintain your current weight
How to win prizes:
You will have a chance to win prizes in 3 categories:
- best improvement in WOD score
- best physique improvement
- best overall tracking
1. We will do a WOD during the week of May 7 in which you will record your score, and then repeat on the week of June 7.
2. We will take before & after photos of you on the week of May 7 and again on the week of June 7. We will compare the photos to see who has the most significant changes.
3. You will track your food every day in MyMacros and send your results to your designated coach each day. You will get points for every day you track and came close to your goal. Week 1 you will receive 1 point each day, week 2 - 2 points, week 3 - 3 points, and week 4 - 4 points. Your goal should be consistency over the 4 weeks as time goes on, the points increase.
The Grand Prize:
The person who has the best score overall will win:
A Free 2 night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Sarasota!
We will also have prizes for the best WOD improvement and the best physique improvement, so you have multiple chances to win!
How to sign up
Sign up on the sheet at the gym next to the whiteboard!
The cost to participate is $40
Come Saturday, May 5 at 10:30am for a free food tasting and nutrition discussion for more info and instruction on how to use the app!