For the first time since the Games moved to Madison, zero events have been revealed at the start of Games week. Here’s what we know so far:
- There is an athlete dinner scheduled Tuesday evening, that the press is invited to for the athlete’s arrival between 5pm and 6:15pm CST. This is a dinner where typically details about at least one event are revealed.
- Based on the CrossFit Games App, competition is scheduled to start at 9am CST at the North Park Venue.
- After the first event, the individual field of men and women will be cut to 75 athletes in each division.
- Once the field is cut to 75 athletes, it will then be cut to 50, 40, 30, 20, and then finally to 10 athletes, however, the timing of the cuts is not fully known.
- Competition isn’t scheduled in the Coliseum until 3pm CST on Friday.
- The scoring tables will change with each cut, and you can view the full list of tables here. We’ve also analyzed some potential impacts of this further along in the competition.
- Dave Castro posted to Instagram a photo of Dan Bailey, potentially testing a workout, at the top of a bar muscle-up.
EMOM x 7
2 Turkish Get-ups per arm
Every 3 Minutes x 5 Rounds:
3 Chest to Bar Pull-ups
6 Toes to Bar
9 Deadlifts (225/155)
Rx+ 2 Bar Muscle Ups (sub for C2B)